Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 13 in the studio.........

Day 13 in the studio

So we went in Monday the 11th and nailed out a track called “We Are One”. Its odd, this track was supposed to be a song called “I am sorry”, but ultimately ended up being too upbeat. So since I am responsible for all the melodies and lyrics for this project, I felt I needed to make best use of the emotion that I was feeling while listening back to the track. Something was pulling me towards having it be a song that celebrates a community of recovering addicts. And so it hit me, why not be a song named after our non-profit “We Are One”. It only makes sense. The irony to this story is that this is the track that while in Chicago; I worked on with some young recovering addicts. (Video on the weareoneonline.com website) How appropriate is that! So cool!

Anyway, let me tell you. The song was developed from an acoustic tune that my brother handed to me sometime ago. It was this track that I let the kid’s rock along with, put their “vibe” on it, and is now what I regard as my most favorite track on the CD. Although I must say, I have yet to write any of the lyrics yet, but I do have some great ideas for the melodies!

While at the studio Monday, the drums took no time at all, the guitar we ripped through, and in less than 3 hrs, had the whole thing on tape. Moreover, that included Mr. Bob Kulick on bass… See Bob helps kids in recovery too! Nice job Bob. And Brett, another fine job.

Rock Star, the jury is still out on you. Nevertheless, I nailed it! Cannot wait for you all to hear it! Now I need to find the perfect singer for it! I’m pretty sure Jack Frost will be doing some soloing on it. Should be an interesting experience!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment