Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 11 in the studio...

Wow, it has been awhile. I have been in Chicago and now back in LA working my tail off. My brother and I have worked on some new songs in rehearsal and have just laid 2 more down on tape on Day 11, 3/27/09. On this day I laid down the drums for “Rockin Angel”, and “Get out of my way!”. The Rockin Angel song smokes and it looks like we may have a very special guest lined up to sing on it. It’s a very uplifting song and has a very charming and spiritual vibe to it. Announcement will be made soon. Nevertheless, I have to say, the day was exhausting. Not only did I lay down the drums for this song, I also nailed my performance on “Get out of my way!”. This one especially is difficult as it has so many changes! Lost of different feelings. Ultimately, the feeling of this one is an angry one, and it will be the first on the CD. It’s a story of me, knee deep in my addiction, and if your in my way, you better get out of it! I was sweating like a pig after recoding both these songs and I think they came out great!

There are only 2 more tracks to play on! “Relapse Romance” and the “Steps” song! We are getting closer! Bob and Brett were very cool today. Sometimes it’s tough to read Bob, but now that I get him, it’s ALL fun! His favorite expression "Now Back to work!"

I almost forgot, (can tyou blame me) Rock Star laid down the guitars for both tracks today too! He was spot on today which saved us some time. We were able to get out before dark, which was nice...

I am off to rehearsal. I never knew how much went into writing a CD. I’m anxious to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment