Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 9 in the studio....

Where do I begin? What a great day. After Marc laid down the final rhythm for “Abuse me”, we had the great Carlos Cavazo (Quiet Riot, Ratt) come in and lay down the lead for two songs, tentively titled, “You can do it”, and “Stronger Now.” Ok, so I am not the biggest fan of the “Stronger Now” song. I have been fighting with Rock to dump this song from the beginning. I didn’t think anything could save it. However, as soon as Carlos picked up his axe and started to shred to it, I was convinced its worth keeping. Very cool fills. The great thing about this song is the fact that its not all wall-to-wall vocals as our other songs are. It’s got more room for some solos throughout. Knowing this, we filled up every spot we could. That Carlos, your a crafty one, you saved this song!

Now the next one, “You can do it”, is another I have been fighting with Rock to abandon. Ok, so I am a bit critical. Hey, every song has to be just perfect. It is our first effort and it means the world to me so I want it to be just right! Well as soon as it spun up, Carlos nailed a great solo section up front. Its very melodic and very catchy! The solo in the middle was blistering, complete with a very cool dive bomb like effect at the end. Overall, a great session. Ill post some pictures up on the site as soon as I get them. Great day! Thanks again Carlos!

No comments:

Post a Comment